Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

> Ask the judge
Joker
post Пятница, 2-oe Июля 2004, 12:22
Сообщение #1

South Park resident
Group Icon
Приключенец

Q: I was versing a friend with alot of 1/1 guys out. All of a sudden, he plays a skullclamp, taps like 10 lands and goes," Okay, those ten guys are dead and I'll draw twenty cards. But then I realize, the equip ability isn't gonna kill my guy until we let the stack resolve, so he really can only kill one guy a phase( assuming you can play spells or abilities that phase). Is this true? I was also wondering if I could play in a tournament with cards that are in protectors. And, is it true that foil cards can't be used in tournaments? Aren't the prize cards foil? If my opponent targets one of my creatures with something, I can just sacrifice it to some ability right away, right? Do you know of any deck holders meant for cards in the soft protectors? I was also wondering how I might become a magic judge. Also, how many levels are there. I'm pretty sure you're level 4. Do you get paid to answer these questions? I know you're not a miracle worker, but I'm really curious. Please send the answers to [email protected] , as I am having problems getting your email address into my address book.

A: In the future, please take your Ritalin before emailing your question. Sadly, this one doesn't even win the prize for most questions in a single paragraph. If you can only kill one guy a phase, Goblins just got better. As to not being a miracle worker, just try editing the last paragraph.

Q: I was wondering if Stasis Cacoon will stop an artifact land from tapping for mana? I know that the ability can be responded to, and, in most cases and rulings can't be countered.

A: Actually, whether or not rulings can be countered is still being discussed by the rules gurus. I'm going with the idea that they can't, because they don't use the stack.

Q: Can u block with a phyrexian denouncer then sacrifice it for its ability? Because ive played the rules it goes to the graveyard at the end of the turn. Not straight away after the damage is delt.

A: Isn't "Can U Block" a Prince song? Creatures going to the graveyard at the end of the turn would be great with Relentless Assault or Savage Beating. I heartily support players making up whatever rules they want; it makes the game different every time!

Q: I have Vedalken Orrery in play. Attacker attacks with a 10 point Fireball. I respond by using Meddling Mage as an instant and naming the card Fireball. Can I stop his Fireball this way? I thought it would stop the Fireball but he would still have his tapped mana to doing something with.

A: Declaring Fireball as an attacker is always nice, because there are no cards with Protection from Fire. And, of course, I included this one so that I can, for the millionth time, say "Meddling Mage is not a counterspell."

Q: What are the rules on playing friendly spells on a creature that has "target creature can't be the target of spells or abilities" and can creatures with this ability still be equipped?

A: Next, you'll be screaming from behind a locked door "It's mine and I'll do what I want with it!" That aside, I'm sure your opponent thinks that Terror is a very friendly spell.

Q: I am having a disagreement with my friend with heat wave and kilnmouth dragon with heat wave doyou half to pay the cumlative upkeep. with kilnmouth dragon dus it half to be a diferen dragon eash time you show 1 for the amplify.

A: You obviously were having that disagreement during English class.

Q: Hi. On cards such as doubling cube or talisman of dominance, does the mana

you just created stay in play as permanent colorless mana or does it go away

after the artifact is untapped?

A: Permanent Colorless Mana is a new Fox sitcom starring the Wayans brothers, Clevon Little, and that annoying little kid from the Indiana Jones movie as crime scene investigators/civil rights activists in the Phillipines. Oh, sorry. That's Permanent Colorless Manila.

Q: i have a problem my mountain and forest deck stinks! i was wondering if you can snd me a list of new cards for my deck please answer ASAP

A: I looked over the list (30 Mountain, 30 Forest), and couldn't find any real problems (maybe make it 28 Forest, 28 Mountain, 4 Wooded Foothill), so I forwarded it on to my dear friend Dynamite Jackson. Here's the response I received:

"We're sorry, but Mr. Jackson is currently starring off Broadway in a one-man musical production of Ben-Hur, as told from the perspective of one of the chariots. He is unavailable for questions regarding bad decks, hair replacement for men, or paternity suits."

Q: So both me and a friend of mine have Book Burning. It states, "Unless a player has Book Burning..." My question is, can you search your library to prove you have it or does it have to be in your hand, or can it just be in your trade binder?

A: Your answer is listed in our "Ask the Virtual Judge" database. Search on for full details.

Q: We had a controversy that if you have say eight sliver and you pump all seven of the sliver ability from the magma sliver can you pump all those into one even though you only have eight card. My question is can you use all those sliver on that one ability to pump up one creature?

A: Holy run-on sentence, Batman! Magma Sliver is indeed the Hans and Frans of Slivers. He's so good that not only does he pump up Slivers, but Brian David-Marshall is currently feeling, well let's just say "pretty good."

Q: I've been wondering, can you have the same artifact land n your deck more than four times?I know it is a non-basic land and you kant have mroe than four non-basic lands in your deck, but artifact lands r just like basic lands because they have no abilities.

A: Yes, but only if you shave a furrow down the middle of your head, creating a sort of "reverse mohawk,"

Q: Opponent attacks with Air Elemental (4/4 Flying). Can I declare a group block with Dragon Whelp (2/3 Flying) and Highland Giant (3/4) and kill the Air Elemental, even though the Giant doesn't have flying ability?

A: While not as pleasant as a group hug, a group block is just what the doctor ordered. As a matter of fact, while we're speaking, a group of blocky Welshmen is outside your door waiting to terrorize you with their close-harmony singing. If one of them starts singing "It's Not Unusual," throw your underpants at him and run away. Don't look back.

Добавлено @ [mergetime]1088763810[/mergetime]
Да, забыл добавить - это всё реальные вопросы, задававшеся на StarCity
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ответов(1 - 5)
Joker
post Вторник, 20-oe Июля 2004, 11:39
Сообщение #2

South Park resident
Group Icon
Приключенец

Приколы с #mtgwacky:

Нассиф занял второе место на наце Франции с ЛД:
[17:03] [kaib] LD was good once and then there was jackal pup and avalanche rider
[17:03] [kaib] thats it.
[17:04] [ryang] yea in 1946
[17:04] [kaib] like nassif finished 10th with GW lion/mongrel
[17:04] [kaib] at a gp flooded with wake
[17:04] [kaib] that guy makes me sick sometimes heh
[17:04] [kaib] but him winning doesn't mean that his deck is any good
[17:04] [kaib] the best part about him is his 2nd name though
[17:04] [kaib] how can you name a boy 'lillian'?
[17:05] [kaib] as if gabriel wasn't bad enough to start with tongue.gif
[17:05] [Riptide_] he said in seattle
[17:05] [Riptide_] that its his mom's name
[17:05] [Riptide_] and he doesnt know why it turns up on his dci record
[17:06] [kaib] such svg lies
[17:06] [kaib] until i see his passport
[17:07] [kaib] lillian it is

[13:19] [StanV] I just found 100 euros
[13:19] [StanV] under my bed smile.gif
[13:19] [StanV] cleaning my room is worth it after all!
[13:19] [Sadeg] hl!
[13:19] [Sadeg] smile.gif
[13:19] [StanV] I also found a tv :/
[13:19] [StanV] which confuses me

[14:18] [Leon_Cadu] I hope zvi wins a lot of pro tours all at once, so that we can witness eric taylor eating his pants
[14:19] [cTIDEwork] i'd rather not see EDT eat his pants.
[14:19] [Leon_Cadu] why not?
[14:19] [cTIDEwork] because then he wouldn't have pants on
[14:19] [Leon_Cadu] whats wrong with that?
[14:20] [cTIDEwork] edt's not my type.

Krempels: I'm facing down the biggest Ageless Entity ever on modo
Krempels: he put Nourish under a scepter
Cryos23: you have a regenerator?
Krempels: its 28/28 right now
Krempels: nope
Krempels: im quickly running out of time
Auto response from Krempels: need to time out this bag, so I cant talk for a while

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Авес
post Вторник, 20-oe Июля 2004, 12:12
Сообщение #3

Антропоморфный ферромутант
Group Icon
Приключенец

БОЖЕ МОЙ, как ты ЗАДОЛБАЛ со своими темами ph34r.gif
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
inside
post Вторник, 20-oe Июля 2004, 12:29
Сообщение #4

Красная шапочка
Group Icon
Приключенец

Цитата (Авес @ Сегодня в 13:12 )
БОЖЕ МОЙ, как ты ЗАДОЛБАЛ со своими темами ph34r.gif

Не нравицца - не читай!

Очень даже поучительный топик, очень многое узнал. Спасибо, Видим, просвятил =) . Этож надо, оказывается.... а я то думал.... =))
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
*X*
post Вторник, 20-oe Июля 2004, 13:48
Сообщение #5

В*ди* Дятел!
Group Icon
Приключенец

Цитата
Приколы с #mtgwacky:

Нассиф занял второе место на наце Франции с ЛД:
[17:03] [kaib] LD was good once and then there was jackal pup and avalanche rider
[17:03] [kaib] thats it.
[17:04] [ryang] yea in 1946
[17:04] [kaib] like nassif finished 10th with GW lion/mongrel
[17:04] [kaib] at a gp flooded with wake
[17:04] [kaib] that guy makes me sick sometimes heh
[17:04] [kaib] but him winning doesn't mean that his deck is any good
[17:04] [kaib] the best part about him is his 2nd name though
[17:04] [kaib] how can you name a boy 'lillian'?
[17:05] [kaib] as if gabriel wasn't bad enough to start with
[17:05] [Riptide_] he said in seattle
[17:05] [Riptide_] that its his mom's name
[17:05] [Riptide_] and he doesnt know why it turns up on his dci record
[17:06] [kaib] such svg lies
[17:06] [kaib] until i see his passport
[17:07] [kaib] lillian it is

[13:19] [StanV] I just found 100 euros
[13:19] [StanV] under my bed
[13:19] [StanV] cleaning my room is worth it after all!
[13:19] [Sadeg] hl!
[13:19] [Sadeg]
[13:19] [StanV] I also found a tv :/
[13:19] [StanV] which confuses me

[14:18] [Leon_Cadu] I hope zvi wins a lot of pro tours all at once, so that we can witness eric taylor eating his pants
[14:19] [cTIDEwork] i'd rather not see EDT eat his pants.
[14:19] [Leon_Cadu] why not?
[14:19] [cTIDEwork] because then he wouldn't have pants on
[14:19] [Leon_Cadu] whats wrong with that?
[14:20] [cTIDEwork] edt's not my type.

Krempels: I'm facing down the biggest Ageless Entity ever on modo
Krempels: he put Nourish under a scepter
Cryos23: you have a regenerator?
Krempels: its 28/28 right now
Krempels: nope
Krempels: im quickly running out of time
Auto response from Krempels: need to time out this bag, so I cant talk for a while

А прикол то где?

Типо что какойто мудак комнату убрал?*
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Joker
post Вторник, 20-oe Июля 2004, 16:37
Сообщение #6

South Park resident
Group Icon
Приключенец

*X*

Похоже у тебя туго с англицким
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 посетитель читает эту тему (1 гость и 0 скрытых пользователей)
0 пользователей:

-
uptime
Текстовая версия Сейчас: Сб 21 Окт 2017 10:21